Exhibitions and Events
Exhibit with us
Platform Studios manage a small wall-based exhibition space at the Coffee Stop Cafe in St Mary's Market, St Helens. We accept proposals for exhibitions at the Coffee Stop Cafe at any time. Please see below for guidelines.
Guidelines for proposals for the Coffee Stop Gallery
The Coffee Stop Gallery is a small exhibition space in St Mary's Market, St Helens. It comprises two walls of 3m and 2m wide, artworks are hung against the wall from rods so we recommend that works are framed or similar. There are usually 8-12 works included in the exhibitions, although this is variable depending on size of the work.
We accept proposals from artists and curators for solo and group exhibitions.
How to send a proposal:
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A proposal for your exhibition detailing the artist(s), the idea behind the exhibition and the works you would like to include. This should be no more than 1 side of A4.
- A maximum of 6 images of your work. These should be JPG and less than 1mb each.
If your proposal is successful you agree to the following:The artist/curator is responsible for delivery and collection of the artworks to/from St Mary's Market.
- The artist/curator will participate in the installation of the exhibition with a representative of Platform Studios
- Platform Studios will take 10% commission on all sales
- The use of images of your work in print/online for press and publicity purposes in connection with the exhibition
- The gallery is part of a busy cafe, with large south facing windows. The works are attached to a hanging system which has basic security measures. All works are exhibited at the sole risk of the artist. Platform can take no responsibility for any loss, theft or damage, whether actual or consequential, howsoever caused, to any work exhibited in Coffee Stop. We would advise that the Artist arranges independent insurance as the Artist deems necessary.
- To provide written information and image(s) for publicity and interpretation of the exhibition within agreed deadlines
Platform Studios will provide the following support:
- Design and print of two A2 posters to be displayed at the entrances of St Mary's Market, One A2 text panel to accompany the artwork, five A3 posters for display in local arts venues, further posters available at cost to the exhibiting artist.
- A digital poster that can be sent by email
- Information about the exhibition on Platform's website
- Information posted on local event listings websites
- Curatorial assistance if required, installation technician